Overclockers Tech - Forums!  
Go Back   Overclockers Tech - Forums! > Reviews & Guides > Reviews

Old 02-06-10, 09:04 PM   #1
RawZ
OCT Member
RawZ's System

RawZ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to RawZ Send a message via MSN to RawZ Send a message via Skype™ to RawZ
Default Patriot PS-100 Solid State Drive Review

[OCT] Patriot PS-100 Solid State Drive Review

Quote:
Today we take a look at Patriot’s, latest offering the PS-100 Solid State Drive. Coming in at the smaller capacity of just thirty two gigabytes and only costing roughly seventy pounds which is inclusive of VAT; from www.aria.co.uk then it could be termed as a bargain. The PS-100 nearest rival in terms of price would be the INTEL value, and the OCZ Solid-2 drives. However the price on this drive varies greatly and has been sold for as little as a fifty eight pounds from the aforementioned site! The question is, what exactly would the consumer get for their hard-earned money? Let us read on and find out.

By Gilgamesh

SOURCE

Last edited by TAKTAK; 02-06-10 at 10:24 PM.
RawZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-10, 06:54 AM   #2
Martin.day
OCT Member
Martin.day's System

Martin.day is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Martin.day

Good review Gilgamesh this drive seems brilliant on the exteria I guess it's just a shame about the write speed

Quote:
he Patriot PS-100 SSD is a great way to upgrade an existing desktop or notebook computer. The PS-100 drive brings faster boot and application load times, reduced power consumption and improved durability

=0 Dose this mean that if i fit it in my girlfreinds Dell .... It will be able to boot without the battery charger in it =0

Water Cooling Sponsered By Overclockers Tech.

Last edited by Martin.day; 02-07-10 at 06:18 PM.
Martin.day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-10, 03:51 PM   #3
TP-Oreilly
OCT Newbie

TP-Oreilly is on a distinguished road

Ive just received my 64gb patriot ps-100, it was all sealed and it is new, but it did not come with any sata cables or an 2.5" to 3.5" adapter, is it supposed to?
TP-Oreilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-10, 06:33 PM   #4
gilgamesh
Lord Meglomaniac
gilgamesh's System

gilgamesh World domination is this persons game. Can use a blue or red lightsabergilgamesh World domination is this persons game. Can use a blue or red lightsabergilgamesh World domination is this persons game. Can use a blue or red lightsabergilgamesh World domination is this persons game. Can use a blue or red lightsabergilgamesh World domination is this persons game. Can use a blue or red lightsabergilgamesh World domination is this persons game. Can use a blue or red lightsabergilgamesh World domination is this persons game. Can use a blue or red lightsabergilgamesh World domination is this persons game. Can use a blue or red lightsabergilgamesh World domination is this persons game. Can use a blue or red lightsabergilgamesh World domination is this persons game. Can use a blue or red lightsabergilgamesh World domination is this persons game. Can use a blue or red lightsaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP-Oreilly View Post
Ive just received my 64gb patriot ps-100, it was all sealed and it is new, but it did not come with any sata cables or an 2.5" to 3.5" adapter, is it supposed to?

IF going by the 30 gig version no they dont come with anything extra! Ihope they sorted out the firmware/phisson controller!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
For the best in online sales of watercooling gear...goto
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gilgamesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-10, 03:12 PM   #5
BeeP
OCT Newbie

BeeP is on a distinguished road

Why does it say Banned under Rawz's name ?

BeeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-10, 06:26 PM   #6
gilgamesh
Lord Meglomaniac
gilgamesh's System

gilgamesh World domination is this persons game. Can use a blue or red lightsabergilgamesh World domination is this persons game. Can use a blue or red lightsabergilgamesh World domination is this persons game. Can use a blue or red lightsabergilgamesh World domination is this persons game. Can use a blue or red lightsabergilgamesh World domination is this persons game. Can use a blue or red lightsabergilgamesh World domination is this persons game. Can use a blue or red lightsabergilgamesh World domination is this persons game. Can use a blue or red lightsabergilgamesh World domination is this persons game. Can use a blue or red lightsabergilgamesh World domination is this persons game. Can use a blue or red lightsabergilgamesh World domination is this persons game. Can use a blue or red lightsabergilgamesh World domination is this persons game. Can use a blue or red lightsaber

sorry thats my fault!

Ive did blanket ban and rawz got caught up in it, same with my msn. I had enough of aria doing nothing with the ilks of bob-todd and his myriad of alias and for dutchdude and stoba and his ilk to stop trying to humliate me. Why i left aria as i have ENOUGH pressure right now, with my case thing and other things, i didnt need the hassle!

Old 08-03-10, 08:59 AM   #7
BeeP
OCT Newbie

BeeP is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear that m8, hope when the case comes out it will be a huge smash for you.

I've always found you to be a great guy, gl with the case etc.

BeeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-10, 09:21 AM   #8
Jolly-Swagman
OCT Member
Jolly-Swagman's System

Jolly-Swagman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Jolly-Swagman Send a message via Skype™ to Jolly-Swagman

Good review Gilgamesh, just a pity SSd's are so Dam expensive here would be trying one out for sure for OS, even the 40GB are too expensive here at the moment
Jolly-Swagman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-10, 06:35 PM   #9
gilgamesh
Lord Meglomaniac
gilgamesh's System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly-Swagman View Post
Good review Gilgamesh, just a pity SSd's are so Dam expensive here would be trying one out for sure for OS, even the 40GB are too expensive here at the moment

Just a small word all

I have just gone over that review, as you know it is a VERY old review, however since the hacker, the restore process has added a LOT of weird signs to the review. I have just gone along and deleted them all

gilgamesh